Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Freezing My Ass Off

So we've gotten our first "cold snap". Apparently November was mild (average high in the 50's) and December has certainly made up for it. It's only the 6th but we've already had ~8" of snow and it has not gotten above 30. Last night the low was -8. I brought TJ dinner in it. Best girlfriend ever? I think so.

So my truck does NOT appreciate this weather. It's been taking me 15 minutes to get it started when it's below 10 degrees. I took it in this morning to get a plug installed for my block heater. Simple enough, right? Apparently not. The dealer insisted upon doing 2 hours of diagnostics (at $140 per hour) that I did NOT need and guess what, they found a $700 part that needs to be replaced and takes 4 hours (again, at $140 an hour). SMH. Do they think I'm stupid??

So my plan is to get the part replaced, but request them to give me the old part, just to make sure they're not ripping me off. TJ will take the old part to work and let his mechanics double check...

Ugh. There goes all of my Christmas money :(

Here's proof of the cold. This was 11:30 last night 

No comments:

Post a Comment